Thursday, January 24, 2013

Researching my topic


I think that I have pretty much decided to stick to my topic of Adolf Hitler during World War II. I know that it still needs to be narrowed down a little bit, so as of right now I am focusing on how Adolf Hitler’s youth impacted the choices that he made during World War II. While I was researching I found that by just searching Adolf Hitler, there was a good bit of information on his early childhood and early life in general. I also found that researching Nazi Germany during World War II helped provide accurate background information on the crimes that were committed by Hitler. When researching, I discovered that it also helped to research why the events in Hitler’s life would affect him. For instance, if the events had some sort of psychological affect that may have scarred him. I feel like after class I realized that I have to make sure my topic is not too broad, and that I researching really is a process! 

1 comment:

  1. Whitney,

    I am also doing research on a person. My research topic is about Jack Nicklaus, and I have also found a lot of information just by typing his name in. You can find an infinite amount of information on Adolf Hitler, but it is hard to know what sources are credible. Since he was a harsh leader of Nazi Germany, there are many websites that could have completely different opinions about Hitler's childhood or his life in general. I would make sure that you research the facts about his early life instead of what someone thought about him. Credo reference would be a great place to start your research.

    ReplyDelete