Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blog Homework 3/14


Today I looked through different databases on Galileo and found one that stood out in particular. I was trying to find a database that dealt more with the psychological side of my research topic rather than the historical side.  There were a few different psychology based databases but the best one for my research topic was the Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection. When searching on this database I used the key words Adolf Hitler and childhood. The very first article and actually the only article on this database pertaining to my topic that came up was incredibly useful to my research topic, the name of it was “The Case of Adolf Hitler: An Adlerian Perspective on Psychohistory.”  This article is exactly what I have been looking for because it is so specific to my research topic. I have yet to find something that had what I was looking for in one article, I have been putting together bits and pieces from different articles in order to properly address my question.

2 comments:

  1. Presentation Feedback 3/25/13

    Hi Whitney, This is Glenda and I am responding to you blag about today's presentation. I like your topic. It is of great interest. I am looking forward to hearing more about your topic later on. You had some real good information on Hitler. He was an unusual character to say the least. I liked the slides you used that was really cool. I think you will do a wonderful job when you get everything together. Just keep looking and when you least expect it you will find a lot of good information and you will do real well in bringing everything together. I look forward to hearing more of what you have to say about Hitler.

    Glenda Farmer
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presentation Feedback:

    Hey Whitney, I think you have a really solid topic but it could be narrowed down a bit more. I agree with the way you approached the topic by connecting Adolf Hitler's actions with discrimination and war acts to his childhood. The topic topic is interesting and will keep the attention of the audience. I feel like your keywords are really good and directly coordinate to the topic ( psychology, childhood, Adolf Hitler). I would suggest that you look into more books to narrow the topic down even more if you would like.

    ReplyDelete